Sunday, May 12, 2013

About

I'm Kelli.  I love fitness, DIY, decorating, eating, real estate, writing and lots of other random things.  I like to try everything.  I'm an entrepreneur at heart.  I've been starting businesses for almost 10 years.  One day one of them is going to make money!

I live with my best friend (husband), Tom, and our two daughters, Morgan and Sophie.  I struggle every day -- being a mom, working out, cleaning the house, feeding the kids something besides noodles and caramel,  getting enough sleep -- but I'm happy every day. 

The summer before my sophomore year of high school I broke my neck.  You can read about my Broken Neck Story.  There was once a time when I couldn't exercise because my body wouldn't move due to a spinal cord injury.  Now I don't take it for granted.  

Exercise (running in particular) is a passion of mine and it is a big part of my life.  I just got certified to teach Turbo Kick and Insanity (so hey, gyms in Boise, I'm available to teach!).   Tom is so good to work out a schedule that lets me go.  Why?  "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."   Name that movie! * 

I was on KSL as Blogger of the Week a while ago and pretty much committed to doing a bikini  competition in the fall of 2013.  That's where this blog came in.  I don't believe that a woman can't have a fit body after having babies.  Our bodies are amazing, wonderful machines when, if trained and fed properly, can take us anywhere.  So no excuses.  Get fit with me! 


*Update*  
I competed in the NPC bikini competition on October 19, 2013.  I didn't win or even place but my body looked the best it ever has.  I felt incredible the entire journey and I don't regret anything!  














*It's Legally Blonde, if you weren't sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment