Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Day of Physique Friendly Recipes

In the last post I gave you one of my meal plans.  I'm sure a lot of you thought it seemed really boring.  I mean, egg whites and oats for breakfast every day?!  Cottage cheese for a snack?!  I have some recipes to share that will hopefully give you ideas on what you can do to make your clean meals delicious.  

When I was preparing for my competition, my trainer told me that veggies and most fruits were freebies (but don't go overboard on the fruit).  Spices and things that have no calories are fine to use as well.  That said, here is a day of clean, so, so good recipes.  


Meal 1: 4 Egg Whites and 1/2 Cup of Oats = Pumpkin Pancakes
Put ingredients in blender and add 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree, some apple pie spice, cinnamon, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder and puree them.  Then cook it like a pancake.  I put unsweetened apple sauce on top of these but I usually use sugar free syrup.  You can add Splenda or your sweetener of choice to the mix.


Meal 2: 5 oz Cottage Cheese = Spaghetti Squash Garlic Alfredo
Cook 1/2 spaghetti squash in the microwave and set it aside.  Cook a package or head of cauliflower.   While that's cooking, sauté 1 tbsp garlic in 1/2 tsp olive oil (or use cooking spray for fewer calories) until brown. Put cauliflower and garlic in the blender.  Add 5 oz cottage cheese and 1/4 cup (more or less depending on how thick you want it) of 30 calorie/serving unsweetened almond milk (this adds like 10 calories -- not enough to count it).    Puree it and add it to the spaghetti squash.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Meal 3: 3 oz Chicken Breast, 1/2 c Brown Rice, Veggies, 1 tbsp Smart Balance Butter = Stir Fry
This is kind of self explanatory.  Cook everything together and enjoy.  I add popcorn flavorings or some ranch seasoning (Hidden Valley Ranch packets to make dressing -- don't add the dressing, just the powder) or just salt.  

Meal 4: 4 Egg Whites, 1 Apple = Egg Whites and an apple.
Plus pico!!!

Meal 5: 3 oz Chicken, 4 oz Yams = I substituted and did a 3 oz hamburger and microwaved "potato chips" (red potatoes, which are lower on the glycemic index than russets and okay to eat while training to compete) with pico and mustard (this one from Dean and Deluca -- it's the only mustard I really like).    


 I don't always make recipe meals like I did this day and meal 6 was either more egg whites or I ate it before I took a picture.  I just wanted to show you that there are options besides bland.  You should enjoy your "physique friendly" food or there's no way you're going to make it past the first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment