Friday, September 20, 2013

3 Weeks Out!

Three weeks to C-day.  That's "cookie" day for those of you who didn't know.  And when I say "day" I really mean night because the show gets over late.  

I'm excited!  I'm excited both for the show and the after party (dinner).  I have worked so so so hard and I am seeing insane results.  Of course there is always room for improvement, but that's what March is for (the next show-- if I do it).  

For the next two weeks I'll be doing phone training with Jerry.  That's basically where I have Tom take a picture of me posing and send it to Jerry and he tells me what I need to do to be ready.  Right now I'm trying to build my glutes so I work them twice a week.  

I'm still on two-a-day cardio.  I do 35 minutes of intervals in the morning and 45 minutes in HR zone later in the day. 

I'm also still on high/low carb days.  I like different things about both menus.  My favorite "treat" is Smart Balance butter.  At first I couldn't eat the stuff without gagging unless it was on food (how normal people eat it).  Now I just eat plain-ole SB butter.  It's kind of like eating Lindt chocolate balls.  You know, the texture, not the taste.  But it does taste good.

I really need a cookie.


I have my suit!  I'll do a post about it later this week.  It's turquoise.

Oh, and I started tanning in the tanning bed.  The first day I only did it for 8 minutes and didn't really get much so the next day I did 12 minutes.  Totally burned my entire front torso.  Ouch!  I'm so getting skin cancer.  Crap!  But don't worry, the next day I tanned with a shirt over my front torso to get my back.  Now my butt is a little pink and the cancer will be balanced.

We just moved to Idaho and I had to get a new gym.  I found one a few miles from my house.  It's open 24/7 and has tanning beds.  Plus it's kind of a great deal for Idaho -- $20/month for gym and tanning plus $30/month for babysitting for both of my kids.  Wooh!  The bad news is that I have zero cell phone reception there so no chatting during cardio.

Training while moving was awful.  I didn't exercise for a few days and my eating was off.  I didn't progress during that time but I got right back on and things are looking good for the show.

Well, I just wanted to give you a quick update.  And I want to invite you to the competition!  It's Saturday, October 12 at 6 PM.  Mark it on your calendars.  It will be in Salt Lake City.  I'll give you more deets soon.  But for real, come.


3 comments: