Thursday, March 6, 2014

Swimsuit Season Prep is On!

I was recently asked how long it took for me to stop craving junk food while I was training for my competition.  The answer is that as soon as I decided to do it I didn't crave anything.  It was like that food wasn't even available to me.  Did chocolate chip cookies sound good?  Duh (ok, I think that is such a class-less word but I say "obviously" way too much).  But I didn't want to cheat.

Now that I am in normal mode again and it has been five months since my competition I have to decide what I want to do.  Should I do another competition?  Should I just get ready for swimsuit season?  Whatever it is, something needs to change.  No more eating a dozen cookies three nights in a row.  That habit counteracts any "normal" amount of exercise.  I promise.  I weighed myself for the first time and I've gained 16 pounds since competition day (still less than when I started though!).  I think that 5-10 would be fine, so now I'm focusing on that extra 6-11.

I don't want to compete again this year.  I think I'll wait until Morgan is in school.  Maybe next spring.  But I do want to have mini abs for swimsuit season so I have decided to train and eat as though I am going to compete this summer.  It really is a mindset!

Here's my "week 2" meal plan that I started today.  If you'd like to use it you may.



To answer some questions:

Lots of people ask if I get tired of plain chicken and rice.  You bet I do.  That's where these amazing salty popcorn seasonings come in (found in the popcorn section of the grocery store).  I flavor my chicken, egg whites, cottage cheese, rice, quinoa, and whatever else I want with them.  I'm not worried about the salt.  I know that some people are but sorry, I just don't until a couple of weeks before the competition and only because it makes me retain water.   And, well, since I'm not going to compete in the near future, gimme salt!

I chew gum because it makes me not want to snack.  

I use Splenda to sweeten things like oats.  I know it's not "clean."  And I'll do a post on the difference between "clean" food and physique friendly food soon.  

If you don't like cottage cheese, you can substitute it with lean meat or even Greek yogurt.

I like sweet treats but obviously can't have whatever I want.  If you crave chocolate, try adding a little cocoa powder and Splenda to your cottage cheese.  You can try it in the blender or food processor if the texture bothers you.  Put it over strawberries.  Yum.

Drink like a gallon or more of water a day.

If I get stuck away from home (like a shopping trip that took longer than planned) I like to have low sugar protein powder or bars in my car to use as a meal substitute.  It's not the best but it's better than skipping a meal or eating crap.


Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment