Monday, July 8, 2013

Randomness from the 4th

It was such a full and good week for me and my family last week.  My husband's siblings were all in town from all over the country so we got together a lot.  

Family Pictures
 
Fireworks
Last week I did 45 minutes of cardio once I got to my target HR range (65%).  That was 5 days a week. I lifted 5 days a week as well.  I've been doing 1-2 muscle groups per day so I get every one during the week.
It's all about lighting.
I always wear my Brady Bands to keep my hair out of my face.  They rock.
Our Brady Bands
The biggest part of getting ready for a competition (at least bikini) is the food.  It all has to be clean.  Unless you count the Crystal Light packets or Splenda that I use once in a while, it's 100% clean.  No treats.

BBQ Veggies

Patriotic 2nd Breakfast
I know it's not for most people, but I'm seeing results so quickly that it is worth it to me.

When I started training for the show almost 4 weeks ago I was at 20-23% body fat.  I'm now around 16%.  I have a long way to go for the competition but I feel great.  And I feel like I look good.

Last week I didn't lose any weight.  I'm still at 139.4 lbs.  But I did lose a little over 1% body fat.  That means that I lost fat and gained muscle.  And that's the whole point!!!  It's not about the number on the scale.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! I am so excited about your transformation!

    ReplyDelete