Monday, July 1, 2013

What I Think About Cleanses

Here's another post where I tell you what I think about something.  And today's "something" is the ever popular "cleanse."

Bunk!

So you want to rid your body of toxins?  Well, so do your liver and kidneys.  In fact, that's what they're there for.  That's what they've been doing for your entire life.

Do you cleanse to lose weight?  Awesome.  Losing weight from a cleanse is mostly water weight.  So if you lose 10 pounds in a week or two it's probably water with a little muscle and fat.  So your body fat percentage probably doesn't decrease.  You are just smaller fat with less water but as soon as you eat normally again, you'll gain it back.

Is your cleanse to jump-start your diet?  That's fine.  If you need that mental jump-start, go for it.

One problem is that when people do cleanses, they generally cut out important fiber and protein, which is not good for the body.

I saw on the Today Show (and we all know that's like a legit scientific informant) that there is no scientific evidence that cleanses work, but there is a lot of money to be made in the industry.

I guess the point of this is to let you know that if you feel like you should be doing a cleanse because everyone else is, don't worry about it!  Eat a well rounded, healthy diet and you will be all cleaned out without the financial, emotional, and hunger costs.

And now I'd like to start your week off with a little perspective.  I bought this cute workout outfit last year in China while I was pregnant so I wasn't really able to try it on and see how it fit.  I just looked for what looked like my size.  Well, it finally fits.

Look at the size!  Hahaha!  I'm really big for a Chinese person.

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious, the size!!
    I have always wondered about cleanses. I have never done one because it never seemed right. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information shared with us. The safe framework lives up to expectations with the kidneys and liver to dispose of destructive substances from the body. At the point when these contaminants over the House, stay put away in the House until they can be evacuated in the liver and kidney them. The circumstance is prone to bring about unfriendly impacts on the Body and the soul like hurts, exhaustion, unfavorable susceptibilities, sleep deprivation and migraines. kidney cleanse diet serves to enhance the circumstance of the poisons made in the House.

    ReplyDelete