Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Abs Are Made In The Kitchen

*I finally added GFC and other ways to follow this blog so if you want, click on whatever you're interested in doing at the top right column (Instagram @losscausekelli).  ----------->


I have never been a fan of ab workouts.  Why?  Because unless you are like 18% body fat or less (for women), you won't be able to see them anyway.  

However, now that I'm working with my trainer to get down to 8-10% body fat for the competition, it's time to build some abs.  

My ab workout is simple and pretty quick.  I do ball crunches, leg lifts, and planks.  In another post I'll post pictures of the correct way to do them but first, here is something I've learned.  

1. You can fatigue your abs in 15 reps of crunches if you are doing them correctly.
2. Do not do another ab workout (or any other muscle group) if you are still sore from the last one (you need to give your muscles a chance to heal so they can grow).
3. Abs are made in the kitchen.  

What does #3 mean?  Eat clean!  


Eating clean is probably an overused term that means, in a nutshell, to eat whole grains, fruits, veggies, and proteins without added processed food or high calorie dressings.  

I've mentioned before that my trainer has me eat chicken, cottage cheese, and egg whites for my proteins,  berries and apples for my fruit (I can substitute most other fruits too), asparagus (but I can add other veggies if I'm hungry), and for my carbs I have oats, brown rice, and yams (I can substitute sweet potatoes, red potatoes, cream of wheat and Ezekiel bread).  

I can add almost any 0 calorie spice or sweetener if I feel the need.  One thing I really am liking at night is cottage cheese with a little cocoa and Splenda.  If you put it in the food processor it's kind of like a mousse.  Not bad.

To sum up.  Your 6 pack abs are already there... maybe just under a layer of fat.  To get rid of that fat, eat well!


Linking up with Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment