Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Competition I Missed

There was a competition in Utah last weekend and I was planning on going.  My mother-in-law had the kids and since I don't really go out to eat, I told Tom he could just take me to watch the competition for our date.  So the $30 each ($25 if we brought unexpired canned goods) would have been like eating sushi or something, only motivating for me (or a complete turn off, but I doubt that).

At 1:30 we went to Costco.  I didn't have one sample.  For those of you who have ever gone to Costco on a Saturday you know it's like getting a free meal, which I used to do in college.  #poor #cheap

Tom found a cell phone upgrade deal and I found a computer that I liked (I was in the market).  So we went to Best Buy to compare prices and options.

Fast forward 6 hours and the competition had started, I was still at Best Buy, and I had a new MacBook Air and a new iPhone 5.  #unexpectedpurchase #butIshoppedaroundforoverayear  Tom got a new phone too and we waited for-stinking-ever for data transfers on both of our phones.

So I missed the competition.  I was sad but I think of it as saving $60.  And since we spent well over that, it's good to keep the money.


However, I have been Instagram stalking #bikinicomp and have found lots of motivation there.  If you want to see what competitors eat, how they workout, or what they look like, check that out on IG.

No comments:

Post a Comment